Mrs PIE says...Unplug to Recharge
In this article, Unplug to Recharge, we’re sharing why it’s so important to disconnect from work and unplug in order to recharge.
In today's hyper-connected world, where the boundaries between work and personal life have become increasingly blurred, "unplugging" from work (even for short time periods) to recharge has taken on a newfound significance.
As someone who spends quite a bit of time on social media for business and recovering from burnout (defined as a state of chronic physical and emotional exhaustion caused by prolonged stress and excessive work and life demand), it’s crucial that I recognize the significance of disconnecting from work and the “hustle culture” to embrace periods of rest and rejuvenation.
Here are some reasons why I chose periods of time to unplug in hopes that this encourages you.
1. Mental and emotional well-being: Constantly being connected to work can lead to burnout, stress, and a lack of work-life balance. Taking even short breaks allows you to recharge, relax, and rejuvenate, which is crucial for your mental and emotional health.
2. Enhanced productivity: Stepping away from work for a while can boost your productivity. It gives your mind a chance to rest and recharge, allowing you to return with a fresh perspective and renewed energy.
3. Improved creativity: Want to stimulate creativity? Step outside for 15mins to get a fresh perspective, fresh air, and fresh ideas.
4. Improve relationships: When you take time to disconnect from work, you can focus on building and nurturing relationships with family and friends. During the pandemic I lost my “networking mojo” and I found that stepping away from social media and enjoying the company of people IRL really improved my mental health as well.
5. Physical health benefits: Extended periods of sitting or working without breaks can negatively impact your physical health….and stress levels. Taking breaks allows you to move, stretch, and engage in physical activities, which are important for your body's health and vitality.
Watch this short video to learn practical tips on how to incorporate rest as self-care.
Remember, work is just one aspect of your life, and taking regular breaks helps maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Follow Mrs PIE for weekly inspirational content.